Frequently Asked Questions
- Do we need a car?
We recommend you rent a car. Renting a car is easy to do and will save you time and money and make your stay more enjoyable. This will allow you to get around much quicker than our cab or bus transit system. The bus transit system is 2 miles away from the cottage. Sound Light Rail is 5 miles away. Uber / Lyft are convenient. Cab rides are expensive to/from the cottage; about $25 from the airport and light rail system. Renting a car will give you more freedom for day trips to the ocean or mountains and you will be able to see so much more of what Seattle and the Puget Sound area has to offer. Mt. Rainier and the ocean are about a 2.5-hour car ride away. (You can rent a car right at the airport and be at the cottage in 10 minutes.)
- Do we need a car?
- Can I invite other guests to visit the cottage or use the hot tub during our stay? The cottage is rented out to the guest names on the confirmation only. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate additional guests for dining, hot tub use, or social gatherings due to insurance purposes and the size of the cottage.
- Is your hot tub private?
Yes. We only have one cottage so the hot tub is yours to use anytime. There is no sharing with other guests, as you are the only guest on the property at a time.
- How does breakfast work?
For your convenience breakfast if offered daily in the cottage for an additional $35/per day. Please ask at time of booking or within 1 week prior to your arrival for breakfast amenities to be provided in the cottage during your stay.
- How many people can the cottage accommodate?
Our cottage is comfortably set up for 2 guests at a time.
- Is smoking allowed in the cottage or the hot tub?
We are sorry but we do not allow smoking in the cottage or in the Hot Tub.
- Do you allow pets?
We are sorry but we do not allow pets.
- What time is check-in?
Check-in is anytime after 4:00 p.m. Please let us know an approximate time you will be arriving as soon as you know. Checkout time is 11:00 a.m.
- Is there a place to park?
Yes, private covered carport parking is available for guest parking. A big advantage, as it is safe and convenient.
- Where are you located? How far are you from downtown, from the airport?
We are conveniently located 10 minutes west of Sea Tac airport. 15-20 minutes to downtown Seattle.
- Since you are only 8 minutes away from Sea Tac airport do you hear airport traffic noise?
No. We are down on the hillside west of Sea Tac Airport and the flight pattern is North and South.
- Does your B&B have air conditioning?
Yes. And the cottage doors open onto your own private deck where you can enjoy the fresh open breeze.
- Do you have stairs?
We have 9 stairs to walk up from your car.
- How does breakfast work?
Coffee and Teas are complimentary. Breakfast is optional. If you choose to have breakfast we charge an additional $35/ per day. We provide the breakfast ingredients for you to enjoy at your leisure. The refrigerator is restocked daily with an assortment of breakfast items, along with local fresh seasonal fruits, and an assortment of fresh pastries and breads. For a full list of items refer to our “amenities” page. We have found this to be one of the amenities that guests like the most about our B&B. Please let us know 1 week before your arrival date if you want breakfast amenities provided daily in the cottage.
- The cottage has a kitchen so I can use it for my other meals too?
Yes, certainly. That is what makes us unique from other B&B’s. You have full use of the entire private cottage during your stay. Plus the cottage is already stocked with dishes, silverware, cooking pots and pans, blender, toaster, coffee maker, Kuerig machine with pods. Usually if we do not have it in the cottage just ask because chances are we have it in our house. This is a great way to save money too!
- Are there grocery stores close by?
Yes, we have several grocery stores within 3 miles from the cottage. Trader Joe’s, Safeway, QFC, to name a few.
- Do you have a barbecue grill?
Yes, the cottage deck features a gas barbecue grill for when you purchase seafood or other fare from Pike Place Market (or other markets).
- Are there restaurants and bars close by?
Yes, in our little town of Burien we have some excellent specialty restaurants, bars, and pizza parlors, and are as close as 1 mile away. You will not be disappointed. There is a lot of variety to choose from within a 3-mile radius. And of course we have our favorites and would be happy to share them with you.
- Do you have a washer and dryer and iron/iron board?
Yes, we have a separate washer / dryer room for our guests to use along with detergent. We also have an iron/ironing board.
- Can we have candles in the cottage?
We prefer not, but will not ban them. However, you will be financially responsible for any damage from them or if we have to clean up any wax.
Top Ten Reasons to Stay at Olympic View Cottage
10. The view from your cottage is spectacular!. You will even get to do a little eagle watching and stargazing.
9. Our outdoor Jacuzzi Hot tub is perfect for a nice, hot soak for two, on a starlit night. Lets you relax an unwind anytime of the day or night.
8. Location. 8 minutes to airport. Easy access to all major freeways. 15 minutes into Seattle. Mount Rainier 2 hours away. Close to all major activities, yet far enough away to really enjoy a true Northwest experience.
7. Sleep – a good night’s sleep or an afternoon nap in our King size bed.
6. Known for our perfect honeymoon setting.
5. Complimentary Coffee & Teas. Breakfast is optional for those who prefer it their own way.
4. One mile from a variety of fabulous restaurants and bars, and no hassle driving around to find a place … and free parking.
3. Convenience: Private covered carport parking.
2. Beautiful gardens, waterfalls, and outdoor seating lets you relax and enjoy a good book on a sunny day.
And the number 1 reason….. Complete Privacy! You are the only guest in the cottage and the Jacuzzi Hot Tub is all yours.